In order to purchase an ebook from Inanna Publications you must have ebook reader software installed on the device you will be reading on. It is best to have this software installed before you click the download link for your ebook so that it opens automatically. Inanna ebooks require Adobe Digital Editions or the Bluefire reader.
Both Mac & PC can use Adobe Digital Editions (ADE). Android and iPad can use Bluefire reader.
Please read the instructions below in order to download your ebook.
Note: We recommend that you download the ebook on to your main computer and then access this download from any other linked devices that you have. You can also download straight to a single device.
1. You'll need some specific free software on your computer before you attempt to download the ebook. If you do not have this already, please download now: Adobe Digital Editions (ADE)
2. Once you have ADE ebook reader software on your computer, open the program.
The first time you open the program, ADE will ask you to authorise your computer. The best way to do this is to create an Adobe ID linking the book with your ID. If you later open the book on another computer, you can supply the same ID to open the book.
3. Click the Create an Adobe ID link. After creating the ID on the Adobe website, you can close that browser window, return to ADE, and enter the newly-created Adobe ID, and then start your ebook download.
4. If you wish to transfer the ebook to another device, such as an iPad, you need to first download a specific ebook reader app on to your secondary device and then move the file to the appropriate folder on your computer.
For iOS devices you need Apple Bluefire Reader.
For Android devices you need Android Bluefire Reader.
5. You should then be able to read the ebook on your device(s).
More about our new ebooks here
We acknowledge the support of the Canada Council for the Arts, which last year invested $153 million to bring the arts to Canadians throughout the country.
Nous remercions le Conseil des arts du Canada de son soutien. L’an dernier, le Conseil a investi 153 millions de dollars pour mettre de l’art dans la vie des Canadiennes et des Canadiens de tout le pays.